Android apps are available for a wide range of categories and are very popular among users. There are more than a million applications available in the Google Play Store. One of the reasons for the popularity of Android apps is the enormous Android user-base. As per the research made by Strategy Analytics, Android leads the smartphone market with a whopping market share of 81%!
A Large number of businesses prefer to have Android apps, to connect to its huge market. Let us look at some key benefits that a business can avail by choosing the Android platform for creating mobile apps.
- Developers prefer the Android platform due to its open source nature. The platform offers many easy to use tools and intuitive Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to carry on development. Many skilled and experienced Android app developers are available in the market due to easy development options.
- Android is the most popular and the most used OS, helping businesses to reach a wider audience, increase sales and enhance revenues.
- Android is a preferred platform to build custom mobile apps. Its development environment allows creating applications tailored to meet the exact requirements of a business.
- Creating an Android app is cost-efficient as compared to an iOS app. You can reduce your development costs and offer affordable apps to a large number of Android users, thus leading to an improved ROI.
- The short Android app development cycle helps businesses to quicken their time-to-market and ensures the realization of returns in a short time-frame.
- Android is an excellent platform for start-ups and small businesses due its low cost of development and easy process, thus helping businesses to enter the mobile app market quickly.
- A wide range of Android applications is available in Google Play Store free of cost. As customers prefer free mobile apps to paid ones, there are chances of more downloads. You can keep your app free on the Play Store to attract more users and include the in-app purchase option or choose in-app advertising model, to earn revenues.
- Android OS has a variety of ingenious and handy features, which assist developers in building exquisite applications. For example, developers efficiently use features like accelerometer, SQLite, magnetometer and more, to create a highly functional app.
- There is an intense competition in the Android app market. Your business might lose many potential customers if you fail to tap this lucrative market. You thus need to get an Android application built to get a competitive advantage.
The future of the Android OS looks optimistic owing to its immense popularity and user-friendly features. Businesses can avail the benefits of this platform by getting innovative Android apps developed, to reach its millions of users. Android applications thus serve as a competitive tool for your business for market penetration.